Composite veneers Turkey
Modern Turkish dentistry has such a convenient tool for quick correction of the smile zone or individual front teeth as composite bonding veneers. This is a kind of micro-prostheses for the restoration or masking of visible defects in the teeth.
Composite veneers are thin plates made of a filling material – a light-polymer composite. There are two types of composite veneers: direct and indirect.
With the direct composite bonding of tooth restoration, the procedure is performed in the dental office in one visit and takes about one hour. First, a suitable lining tone is selected, then the doctor prepares the tooth for the installation of the veneer. Tooth grinding is necessary to ensure
that the veneered tooth looks natural, not larger or heavier than the adjacent one. Then the doctor applies the composite veneer in layers on the frontal surface, fixes each layer with a light flux, and grinds the finished lining, achieving a perfect match with the patient’s dentition.
With the indirect composite bonding, it is necessary to visit the dental clinic twice. At the first visit, the doctor prepares the tooth surface for subsequent work and makes casts that are sent to the laboratory. There they create a model of the jaw and make composite veneers for certain teeth. The process of creating overlays is the same, only without the personal presence of the patient. At the second visit, the dentist attaches the finished product to the person’s tooth.
Table of Contents
Advantages and Disadvantages of Composite Bonding
The main advantage of composite bonding veneers over other types of overlays (ceramic, zirconium, etc.) is their low cost. Many choose them because the procedure is performed quickly, in one visit to the dentist. Other benefits include the following:
- creation of a kind of ideally equal and healthy teeth;
- installation without pain and with minimal preparatory work;
- long-term use, which in fact can be extended through proper care of veneers and the oral cavity.
Composite bonding veneers have a long list of disadvantages, mainly related to the installation features and the imperfection of the materials used.
The fact is that a doctor who has not only education and experience, but also artistic taste can install such linings. After all, it is necessary to choose the right shade of the veneer to match the teeth, give the desired shape, precisely fix it on the tooth, etc. If the dentist does his job poorly, then food debris can accumulate in the gap between the onlay and the tooth, which will cause various diseases.
Other disadvantages are caused by the instability of the existing materials from which composite veneers are made.
The following may happen:
- change of colour of a lining under the influence of food and drinks;
- the appearance of cracks and chips as a result of mechanical impact;
- the surface of the veneers becomes rough or even changes its structure.
In addition, before installing composite veneers, the tooth must be prepared, the enamel must be ground.
Who needs composite veneers
Composite veneers are used to eliminate minor defects on the front incisors and create a beautiful smile. They do not correct imperfections, but only create the effect of the natural beauty of the visible dentition. Dentists are recommended to install composite veneers in the following cases:
Dentists are recommended to install componeers in the following cases:
- for visual restoration of enamel defects (including those associated with a change in the shade);
- in the presence of an unaesthetic filling;
- to correct the shape of the tooth or in the presence of a chipped cutting edge;
- with a slight curvature of the dentition;
- with a slight curvature of the dentition;
- with diastema or large interdental spaces;
- in case of violation of the integrity of the tooth (more than half should remain);
- with congenital malformations of the teeth.
Service life of composite veneers
The imperfection of the materials from which composite bonding veneers are made has led to the fact that their service life is much less than that of ceramic or zirconium counterparts. Dentists guarantee the normal appearance of the lining for five years. During this time, the linings may lose their quality and stand out among the dentition, in which case they need to be changed. But in five years, new technological materials with a long service life can be invented.
In addition, proper care and strict adherence to all recommendations can significantly increase the life of composite veneers, which can reach 10 years or more.
Care for composite veneers
After the installation of composite veneers was successfully completed and you saw your renewed radiant smile in the mirror, it’s time to think about how to keep it in perfect shape for many years to come. It is no secret that thorough home oral care is necessary for every person. Filled teeth, uneven dentition and other features require special attention. Veneers are also among the factors that should make the patient pay little more attention to hygiene. The rules for caring for composite veneers, as well as ceramic overlays, are quite simple. The main thing is not to forget about them, and then veneers will invariably delight you for several years.
- So, food and drinks with dyes, natural or artificial, will definitely damage veneers the first time after they are installed. The same goes for smoking. Artistic restoration of teeth will require some “sacrifices” in the name of beauty – it is better to quit smoking and stop drinking red wine.
- In addition, there is a separate warning regarding hard food that must be gnawed and bitten off with the front teeth. It is better to exclude such food or chew it only with those teeth on which linings are not installed.
- For those involved in active and contact sports, the advice is to wear protective caps while exercising.
- We must not forget about professional teeth cleaning and, of course, regular preventive examinations at the doctor.
- Monitor the condition of the overlays. The appearance of gaps, irregularities, rough areas should be a signal for an immediate visit to the clinic. Such imperfections are potentially dangerous and can lead to the occurrence and development of caries and gum disease.
Why do international patients choose Turkey for veneer installation?
Dentistry in Turkey is very developed. Here, in every major city, there are medical institutions that provide dental care at a decent level. These can be both specialized departments of multidisciplinary hospitals and private dental clinics.
Turkish dentists are true professionals. The high level of competition encourages them to constantly improve their skills and master advanced methods of treating various dental diseases.
Turkish dentists, in addition to installing veneers, provide the following services:
Therapeutic treatment of caries and its complications (pulpitis, periodontitis).
- Treatment of diseases of the gums and oral mucosa.
- Restoration of teeth.
- Dental implantation.
- Correction of bite and uneven dentition with braces.
- Surgical treatment of teeth: extraction of teeth, sinus lift, bone grafting, reconstructive operations on the jaw.
Before performing dental procedures, a thorough diagnosis of the dentoalveolar system is carried out, which may include x-rays or computed tomography. Conducting a survey will allow you to assess the extent of the existing dental problem and select the most optimal treatment.
Installation of Veneers in Turkey can be combined with a vacation. Many people do just that – go on vacation to Turkey, and come back from there with a new smile.
How much cost composite bonding in Turkey
The high exchange rate is the first reason.
Clinic rent and staff costs are getting cheaper because of the low cost of living.
Compared to the clinic in England, Turkey spends less and does not charge high prices for veneers.
When clinics in Turkey enter into agreements with travel agencies, they also cover the patient`s
expenses for accommodation and transportation, which makes Turkey cheaper compared to other countries.
Turkey is the best choice for those who want to get excellent quality of treatment at the most affordable prices.