The installation of dental implants is a complex surgical treatment, so it has several contraindications, as well as other therapeutic measures. Because of this, implants may not always be indicated for every patient. Although it should be noted, modern dentistry at the dental clinic in Turkey has quite a large number of means to solve many of the problems that prevent implants. Thus, if dental implants cannot be placed, a dental bridge may be an alternative treatment option. So you can find out more about this and cut corners by choosing treatment with a dental bridge.
Table of Contents
Benefits and Side Effects of Dental Implants in Turkey
Dental implants at the FindGlob dental clinic in Turkey are the best option for replacing lost teeth and have the following advantages:
- The colour and shape of artificial teeth can only be distinguished from natural teeth by the dentist during the examination – no one else. A dental bridge stands out from the natural smile more.
- Artificial teeth are easy to get used to and after a couple of days the patient is no longer able to feel them as a foreign body, which is one of the pluses of implants.
- During dental implants, a gingiva former is used to make the soft tissue and gums look natural, just like the teeth. Both dental bridges and removable dentures change the contour of the gums.
- Dental implants provide an optimal level of stress on the bone, which prevents it from atrophying. This means that the risk of losing other teeth is reduced.
- With artificial teeth, once they are grafted on, you can chew all kinds of food without the risk of breakage.
- With dental implants, there is no need to grind down the neighbouring teeth, which means that there is no risk of tooth loss. During the dental bridge, it is often necessary to do this, which leads to damage to other healthy teeth.
- The benefits of implants are that you can restore any number of lost teeth, up to an entire toothrow.
- Artificial roots prevent the movement of neighbouring teeth, which leads to periodontal disease.
Despite the constant improvement of the treatment method of dental implants in Turkey, it also has some cons:
- Surgical treatment;
- Long healing time;
- Certain risks;
Cost of A Dental Bridge in Turkey
The cost of treatment with a dental bridge is many times lower compared to dental implants. Therefore, this treatment is quite popular and affordable for every patient.
Keep in mind that the cost of treatment with the dental bridge depends on the material and the number of missing teeth. To calculate the final cost of this type of dental treatment you need to make a diagnosis and the dentist of the FindGlob clinic in Turkey will help you choose a dental bridge made of the best material.
What is Dental Prosthesis?
Dentures are artificial replacements for missing teeth and their surrounding tissues. There are both full dentures, which are used when all of the patient’s teeth are missing, and partial dentures, which are designed to replace one or more teeth.
Partial and complete missing teeth are problems that have serious consequences for the health and quality of life of the patient. These include:
- impaired diction;
- depressed emotional state, up to the development of nervous disorders and depression;
- malfunction of the temporomandibular joint, development of pathology, dislocation or subluxation;
- disturbances in the function of chewing food;
- changes in facial configuration (appearance of nasolabial folds, lowering of the corners of the mouth);
- atrophy of tissues in the area of the defects, etc.
Dental prosthetics are designed to restore the physiological and aesthetic functions of the teeth (chewing, speech, smile, and the appearance of the patient).
Types of Dental Prosthesis
Dentures are generally divided into two main types:
- Removable dentures: dentures of several teeth that the patient can remove and put on by themselves, without the help of a dentist.
- Non-removable dentures: fixed in such a way that they can only be removed at a specialist’s appointment in case of breakage or expiry of use.
In modern dentistry, there are several types of fixed dentures for treatment that can be fitted to both the masticatory and frontal teeth. A distinction is made between the following types of dentures in Turkey:
A distinction is made between the following types of dentures in Turkey:
- Dental crowns in Turkey: These restorations are made by fitting anatomically on the natural tooth or inlays or posts.
- Dental bridge: fitted over several missing teeth of the same row, less often over a single tooth and bonded to the adjacent teeth. The dental bridge can also be supported by implants.
- Dental veneers in Turkey: also commonly considered a type of fixed denture. Veneers can be placed on the front teeth and allow for corrections in both shape and colour.
The type of fixed denture that is best suited for a particular dental restoration depends on the condition of the teeth and the presence/absence of allergic reactions.
How is the Dental Bridge Produced in Turkey?
Before the bridge can be made for treatment, the tooth (or teeth) must be ground down so that the dental bridge will fit well. Once the tooth or teeth have been ground down, your dentist will make an impression to make a mould of the right size for the treatment with the dental bridge. If porcelain is used, your dentist will match the shade of the dental bridge to match the natural colour of your smile.
The dental laboratory will then fabricate the dental bridge in the material of your choice using the impression you make. While the permanent bridge is being made, the prepared teeth will be covered with temporary restorations.
Advantages of the Dental Bridge
The treatment with the dental bridge at the dental clinic in Turkey also has many benefits over other alternatives to dental implants:
- The dental bridge does not require a grafting process, i.e. osseointegration, which usually takes 2 to 6 months or more. This means that the treatment will be much faster.
- The dental bridge is a more economical option than implants.
- Modern technologies and materials used in Turkey ensure a perfectly functional and aesthetic outcome for the dental bridge.
- Highly qualified specialists in Turkey guarantee the reliability and durability of a dental bridge.
- Unlike implants, the treatment with the dental bridge has practically no contraindications. It can be used even in cases where the placement of implants is not possible for some reason.
How Long Does the Dental Bridge Last?
Once the bridge is fixed, it may take some time to adjust to it, as it is a foreign body, but patients usually get used to a properly made dental bridge very quickly.
Occasionally, the cementation of the bridge occurs. In these cases, the cause has to be sought and resolved together with the dentist. However, if everything is done correctly at all stages, the dental bridge will help the patient for more than 10 years.
Tips to Maintain Your Dental Bridge
With proper care using an innovative irrigator after treatment, your dental bridge will serve you for many years. The irrigator will allow you to thoroughly clean the flushing canals (the spaces between the teeth and the denture structure), help reduce the formation of cavities, and stop the development of gum disease. Due to the mechanical friction of the floss, food particles, and bacterial plaque are easily removed from the most inaccessible places.
If this is not done, over time, an unpleasant odour will appear in the oral cavity, which will be caused by the rotting of food that has accumulated there. It is also important to brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
Choose the best way to transform your smile, take care of it and you’ll be beside yourself with joy.