A well-groomed appearance is now part of the image of a successful person. A beautiful and healthy smile is an integral part of it. It is not enough to put a filling or a crown on a damaged tooth to feel comfortable and confident. That is why there is now a new method of dental treatment – a smile makeover in Istanbul.
What Is the Smile Makeover in Istanbul?
The esthetic dental treatment in Turkey is the restoration of the anatomical shape of the teeth, bringing them back to the state they were and should be in. A smile makeover is quite different from dentures, where artificial dentures are inserted instead of teeth. Smile restorative procedures are aimed specifically at restoring dental tissue and restoring all functions of the teeth row.
Modern dentistry in Turkey means innovative techniques, clinics with the latest equipment, and highly qualified doctors with years of experience. Dentists at a Findglob clinic in Turkey will treat even the most “complicated” teeth at a much lower cost than in Europe, Israel, America and other countries. But the question is also important: “Are Turkey teeth safe?”
Restorative smile treatment in Turkey can correct several defects:
- congenital dental malformations;
- minor orthodontic anomalies;
- traumatic defects;
- gaps between the teeth;
- discoloured teeth enamel;
- carious, non-carious enamel lesion;
- pathological wear and tear;
- decay of old restorative material;
- part of the missing teeth.
The result of a smile makeover is the achievement of esthetic dentition, restoration of dental functionality as well as psychological comfort for the patient.
Direct And Indirect Smile Restorations in Istanbul: What is the Difference?
A healthy, beautiful smile and the ability to chew are issues for everyone. Teeth damage usually causes a lot of trouble for the owner: people feel embarrassed to talk and smile, and they have difficulty chewing.
The dentists at Findglob dental clinic in Istanbul are experts in solving smile problems with their many modern techniques, designs, and innovative technologies for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and restoration of teeth.
To restore the anatomical shape of damaged teeth today direct and indirect smile restorations are widely used in Turkey.
What are smile makeover techniques in Turkey? How do they differ from each other? Find out more about this below.
Direct Composite Smile Makeover in Istanbul: indications, special features
For professionals in Turkey in the field of dental treatment, nothing is impossible. They take all cases and see them through to the end. The patient gets a quality and long-lasting result. Let’s see in detail why you should become a dental tourist in Turkey:
Professional equipment. Every treatment in Turkey is carried out with the latest technology. Technology is at a high level here, and dentistry is no exception. This makes it possible to perform complicated operations much faster and with less discomfort for the patient.
The immediate smile transformation at the Findglob dental clinic in Turkey involves filling teeth with composite materials that bond well with the dental tissue or making composite veneers. The treatment is usually carried out in one visit. This dental method of treatment in Turkey is popular for smile line teeth (incisors and canines).
With the direct smile makeover, it is possible to restore:
- minor chipped or micro-cracked teeth;
- unfinished irregularities in the crown of the tooth;
- worn teeth enamel edges;
- darkened or discoloured enamel that cannot be removed by whitening;
- pronounced gaps between teeth (fractures, diastemas).
The most popular composite dental material for smile makeover today is photopolymers – a polymer material that hardens under the influence of ultraviolet. The technique of direct smile restoration with the use of photopolymer material in Turkey involves the following steps:
- The teeth are professionally cleaned and a suitable shade of the polymer is selected, which is close to the natural colour of the patient’s teeth.
- The next step is local anaesthesia, so the patient feels comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Preparation of the teeth with the removal of decayed tissue and old fillings.
- Isolation of the teeth from saliva (placing a cofferdam).
- Oral cavity treatment with etching.
- Layer-by-layer application of photopolymer with the illumination of the light bulb, forming the anatomical shape of the teeth surface. If necessary, in this stage, the dentist can insert a post in the teeth to increase the strength of the restoration.
- The final stage is the polishing of the teeth.
Composite dental veneers are another type of direct smile treatment of anterior teeth – they are an overlay on the teeth that restores their shape and colour. The front surface of incisors and canines is prepared to a shallow depth for veneers.
For composite treatment of masticatory teeth, dentists in Turkey use the latest and hybrid materials, because they are stronger and more durable.
Once the direct makeover of the front teeth is completed, the patient has a perfect smile.
Indirect Composite Smile Makeover in Istanbul
Indications for indirect composite smile treatment are the same as for direct restorations. The only difference is that the fabrication of indirect veneers does not take place in the patient’s oral cavity but in the laboratory of the Findglob dental clinic in Istanbul.
If the entire visible area of the smile needs correction, it is advisable to opt for indirect dental restoration in Turkey, which includes the following steps:
- Diagnosis and selection of the shade of the future veneer using a special scale.
- Professional smile hygiene, teeth enamel preparation.
- Making a smile impression. The patient is fitted with a temporary plastic block to protect the enamel and the impression is sent to a dental laboratory.
- Creation of a jaw model with teeth.
- Applying the composite to the model, shaping the onlays.
- The final stage – placing the finished veneers on the dried tooth of the patient and correcting the shape of the product in the mouth. Fixation of indirect veneers is performed with special glue
Benefits of Indirect Smile Makeover in Turkey
The indirect method has been used in esthetic dentistry for a long time. Its popularity is due to its many advantages. Here are the most important ones:
- Ceramics is the most frequently used restorative material for smile treatment. Ceramics are smooth, plaque-resistant, do not lose their shine, do not wear off over time, and have an esthetic appearance.
- The adhesive technique strengthens the walls of the tooth. They are “glued” to ceramic inlays and veneers by means of durable, modern composite cement.
- The boundary between the inlay and the tooth unit is higher than the gingival level, allowing for a natural-looking polish. The boundary is difficult to polish in the case of crowns because the edge is under the gingiva.
- It is possible to achieve a perfect marginal fit in Turkey, even if the vision is poor because the inlay is made according to the model. This is an excellent option when the back surface of the 7th tooth, for instance, needs to be reconstructed.
- In the laboratory environment of the Findglob dental clinic in Istanbul, the inlays are created taking into consideration the masticatory movements. This makes the damaged smile not only esthetic but also functional.
- The treatment in Turkey can be carried out in two visits, while a traditional crown treatment may require four or more visits. It is also possible to restore several dental units at once.The treatment in Turkey can be carried out in two visits, while a traditional crown treatment may require four or more visits. It is also possible to restore several dental units at once.
Thus, the indirect smile makeover can effectively restore the lost function and esthetics of the smile. It is a sufficiently versatile and relatively easy way to achieve a result that leaves the patient completely satisfied.
Where Can I Get a Smile Makeover?
The smile makeover at a dental clinic will be successful if an experienced dentist is in charge. The success of the manipulation depends on the professional skills and artistic ability of the specialist. Also, an important role in the effectiveness of the method for a particular patient is played by some anatomical characteristics – the natural properties of enamel to change its hue from the edge to the gum line, as well as the transparency of the coating. And if the doctor does not take into account these nuances, the “new” tooth can stand out from its “neighbours”. Esthetics smile is no longer an issue.
On the other hand, quality composite in Turkey, with proper toothpaste preparation and the use of a lamp after each layer, has all the characteristics of natural tooth enamel. This allows you not only to restore the beauty of your smile but also to return the tooth row to its former function.
At the Findglob clinic in Istanbul, the treatment is carried out in full accordance with international protocols. The dentists in Turkey carry out all smile makeover procedures using high-quality precision equipment and the best materials