Everyone dreams of having a beautiful smile, but very few people get it of nature. That is why people have to go to the dentist. But they have a question: “Is it safe to have dental work in Turkey?”
Are Turkish dentists safe?
Most of us have to thank our dentist for straight and white teeth. And if you are lucky enough to get an appointment at a dental clinic in Turkey, you can outshine any Hollywood star with your smile.
Modern dentistry in Turkey means innovative techniques, clinics with the latest equipment, and highly qualified doctors with years of experience. Dentists at a Findglob clinic in Turkey will treat even the most “complicated” teeth at a much lower cost than in Europe, Israel, America and other countries. But the question is also important: “Are Turkey teeth safe?”
The benefits of dental treatment in Turkey
Turkey is a country where all branches of dentistry are developed, including children’s, surgical, therapeutic and aesthetic dentistry, as well as orthodontics, orthopaedics, implantology and periodontics. That is why many Europeans in need of dental implants are looking for a dentist there.
Dental clinics in Turkey can be characterised by the following points: Porcelain fused to metal
- high professionalism;
- modern diagnostic technologies;
- use of advanced treatment techniques;
- use of innovative certified materials;
- latest equipment and instrumentation;
- attentiveness and accuracy of personnel;
- painless procedures;
- impeccable quality of work;
- absolute sterility;
- reasonable price.
Dentists at a Findglob clinic in Turkey take a holistic approach to dental treatment and prosthetics. It is important for foreign patients that doctors are ready to perform most of the procedures within one day. The question “Are Turkish dentists safe?” can be answered as follows, doctors in Turkey take special care of the diagnostic phase, which is known to be the key to proper and quality treatment.
- visual examination;
- X-ray of the dentition (made using innovative equipment);
- digital intraoral optical camera (provides a very sharp image of the teeth and gums);
- computerised tomography (gives a complete picture of the condition of the mouth);
- orthopantomogram (creates a panoramic image of the teeth);
- thermometric diagnostics (enables precise identification of the presence of caries, pulpitis or periodontitis);
- dental microscope examination (a magnified image of a dental defect);
- electrometric methods (to determine the sensitivity of the pulp, periodontitis, and pathology in the jaw tissue);
- laboratory tests (if a surgical procedure is needed).
These techniques allow the doctor to determine the most effective treatment regimen.
Dental Tourism: What is it and is it worth treating teeth abroad?
Dental tourism is in demand these days. Because the prices for comprehensive dental treatment are more favourable than at home, and the doctors qualifications are often higher. Dental treatment at a Findglob clinic in Turkey is the most popular, as the country provides high-quality services at favourable prices. The high-tech equipment that our specialists can only dream of, and the possibility of solving a problem of any complexity, attract attention. Let’s take a closer look at weather: “Is it safe to get your teeth done in Turkey?”
What do Turkish dentists offer?
For professionals in Turkey in the field of dental treatment, nothing is impossible. They take all cases and see them through to the end. The patient gets a quality and long-lasting result. Let’s see in detail why you should become a dental tourist in Turkey:
Professional equipment. Every treatment in Turkey is carried out with the latest technology. Technology is at a high level here, and dentistry is no exception. This makes it possible to perform complicated operations much faster and with less discomfort for the patient.
- Cost of services. People are more likely to travel to Turkey for complicated dental problems. In the patient’s native country, some patients are not accepted at all, as there is no appropriate equipment or the price for the service is very high. With a high technological level of equipment and professionalism, dentistry in Turkey is quite reasonably priced.
- Types of services. They range from teeth whitening to the placement of dental implants. There are popular veneers, treatment of gums, halitosis, smile design and many other services.
- Individual approach. Dentists in Turkey are constantly undergoing advanced training and internships in European countries. They have enough experience and knowledge to develop a treatment plan tailored to the individual needs of the client. They do not work according to a template, like most domestic dentists.
Important: if a patient has a pathological fear of dental treatment and complicated surgery is to be performed, general anaesthesia is possible in Turkey. A whole team of specialists will attend to the patient and when the patient wakes up, he or she sees a “Hollywood smile”.
Indications and Contraindications for the Installation of Full Veneers and Crowns in Turkey
First, there is the possibility of remote consultation. Even before travelling, a person can find out what treatment they will have to undergo and how much it will cost. Of course, some tests and scans will have to be taken. You do not have to worry about getting lost in a foreign country. Clinics in Turkey take special care of their foreign patients and arrange for you to be picked up and transferred
As conclusion, it can be said that dental treatment at a Findglob clinic in Turkey is a good decision. Especially for those who have serious problems with their teeth and gums. The main thing is to find a good clinic and see specialists on time.
Dental services in Turkish clinics
Dentistry in Turkey is highly developed. Hospitals are equipped with the most modern equipment and dentists are constantly perfecting their qualifications, mastering innovative procedures, undergo internships and training in European clinics.
Dental tourists most often visit clinics in Turkey to avail of the following services:
- dental hygiene and teeth whitening;
- lumineers and veneers installation;
- bite correction, placement and removal of braces;
- conservative treatment of pulpitis, caries, periodontitis;
- surgical treatment (teeth extraction, excision benign growths, flap operations, etc.).
Dental Implants Installation
One of the most common reasons for seeking treatment at dental clinics in Turkey is the need for quality dental implants. In this country, patients do not have to worry about “Are Turkey teeth safe?” The placement of implants is a serious procedure that requires quality consumables and sufficiently qualified doctors.
The treatment in Turkey takes place in two stages. First, the patient is examined, and the chronic infection in the oral cavity is sanitised. The gum tissue and bone are prepared for the placement of implants. After that, antibacterial therapy is carried out and the stitches are removed. The patient is given a temporary crown. The duration of the first stage is about 7-10 days.
The second stage involves the placement of a permanent ceramic crown. The treatment period usually does not exceed 5 days.
A period of at least 3 months usually elapses between the first and the second stage of the treatment, approximately the same amount of time needed for the implant to take root in the bone. The price of an implant in Turkey is formed on several main criteria: the quality of the selected implant, the materials used and the cost of the dentist’s services.
Brand name implants are made from high quality, hypoallergenic materials that have been clinically tested and approved. They are long-lasting and have a minimal risk of rejection.
Counterparts are manufactured using cheaper materials, which reduces their cost. Usually, however, the use of cheaper raw materials lowers the quality of the implant itself. The same is true for materials that are used, for instance, to strengthen bone tissue.
Dental Veneers Installation
A “Hollywood smile” in Turkey is now possible in the short term with the application of special ceramic fillings – veneers – in aesthetic dentistry. They are individually made and help to change not only the colour of the tooth, but also eliminate deformation in shape. Fixation of the veneers is carried out with a dental cement which is applied to a previously treated tooth. Temporary veneers are temporarily cemented while permanent ones are being made. The entire treatment in Turkey usually takes no more than 4-5 days.
Veneers are placed on the visible area of the smile and based on the personal features of the patient’s jaw, they may require 6 to 10 pieces. In some situations, they can also be placed on the posterior teeth, usually to achieve a lifting effect on the cheekbones. The onlays are very thin, no more than 0.5 millimetre, so that they cannot be worn uncomfortably.
What do I need to keep in mind before visiting a dentist in Turkey?
The thought of a dentist causes fear and anxiety in many people. It is not uncommon for a visit to the dentist to be postponed indefinitely, even if something is bothering the patient. The question on people’s minds is: “Is it safe to have dental work in Turkey?” This is quite logical. But patients should also understand that the safety of dental treatment depends on them. And it is important to know and follow the recommendations. This is necessary to visit the dentist in Turkey at least once every six months, regardless of the presence of toothache and other symptoms. Painful sensations are avoided during the examination. If treatment is required, however, quality anaesthesia has long been used to avoid pain.
Features of a visit to the dentist in Turkey
Many dental diseases begin asymptomatically and are diagnosed only during a doctor’s examination. In order not to miss the onset of the disease, it is necessary to see a dentist for preventive purposes every year for treatment.
The specialist in Turkey will not only evaluate the condition of the tooth enamel and gums, but also recommend the most suitable care, advise effective folk remedies and help to choose care products.
There are some special features of going to the dentist for dental treatment that you should be aware of:
- You have to make an appointment. To avoid problems and long waiting times, you should make an appointment in advance and choose a time so that there is no rush right after the appointment. If the pain is severe and acute, the patient must be seen without an appointment at any dental practice, but even then, it is advisable to call to clarify the time so that you do not have to wait in a queue.
- The time of the visit depends on the complexity of the procedure. A routine checkup will not last more than 20 minutes, but treatment may take an hour or more. If there are problems, it is likely that you will have to visit the doctor more than once.
- If the patient is late or has to stay at home, it is the patient’s responsibility to call the dental office and let them know.
- There are also situations when it is necessary to postpone a visit to the dentist for treatment. You should not treat teeth when you have herpes on your lip, colds and flu, swollen nasal mucosa or hyperthermia. If the toothache is acute, you should call the clinic, explain the situation and clarify the matter.
If there is a fear of dental offices, you should be careful with sedatives. The fear will disappear on its own after a couple of visits. In most cases, the anxiety is caused by outdated knowledge of dentistry. Nowadays, modern equipment and preparations make it possible to solve any problem by avoiding painful sensations.
Requirements before visiting a dentist in Turkey
No special preparation is necessary before visiting a dentist in Turkey for treatment, but there are a few rules that should be followed to ensure your own safety. If there are any special requirements before treatment, the dentist or administrator will inform the patient about them.
To ensure that the visit to a dentist in Turkey for dental treatment is successful, the following measures must be observed:
- Do not drink alcohol before, during and immediately after treatment. Many people think that alcoholic drinks help relieve tension and increase the pain threshold, but this is a myth. A doctor can refuse to admit a patient if the patient is intoxicated by alcohol. In addition, ethyl alcohol can counteract the effects of anaesthesia, making the procedure even more painful.
- Eat a lot of meal. It is not allowed to eat or drink for some time after the treatment, so it is advisable before visiting the doctor to eat well. You should eat about an hour before going out.
- Take your passport. The clinic requires identification. In some cases, you may also need to take your health insurance card;
- Cancel all urgent matters for the evening. The effects of anaesthesia can last into the evening, so you need to cancel any business that involves long conversations.
- Brush your teeth. You should brush and floss your teeth before your visit to the dentist. This should be done after meals.
- Take the results of previous examinations with you. If you have documents and results of previous examinations and x-rays, you must bring them with you.
- Prepare for questions. The doctor in Turkey will ask questions about diseases, problems and allergies. This is necessary to state which substances and medications may cause an allergic reaction.
If any chronic illnesses (even those not related to the oral cavity) are aggravated before the visit, it is advisable to call the doctor to clarify whether a visit is possible. In some cases, dental treatment should be postponed until the patient’s condition has stabilised.
Where to go for dental treatment in Turkey?
Do you need modern and high-quality dental care? We would be happy to help you at a Findglob dental clinic. And you are wondering “Is it safe to get dental work in Turkey?” Our clinic in Turkey employs only professional and experienced dentists in all fields of dentistry. Our specialists regularly undergo advanced training and are highly skilled in all kinds of dental innovations, ensuring safety and painlessness of medical interventions. The clinic is equipped with the latest technology and offers all dental treatment from preventive to advanced and complex treatment of teeth and gums.
If you feel the need to improve the condition of your teeth, we are waiting for you!